I once saw two parrots. They might have been twins, yet again, maybe not.

30.1.07

Dead Centre of Queensland

Since splitting one's blog into multiple blogs is all the rage in the ex-DSTC community, I feel the need to maintain my credibility as a digital native by doing the same. So today I am pleased to launch my new blog Dead Centre of Queensland which will focus on our cemetery-photographing activities.

This blog (Twin Parrots) will remain as my non-cemetery-photographying blog. I trust my small but select group of readers (quality rather than quantity) will subscribe to both in order to remain abreast of my hectic lifestyle.

Now I realise some of my readers (being intellectuals of the highest order) will be wondering why a blog with as few posts as mine really needed to be split, apart from maintaining my street cred as a digital native. So the real reason is that I wanted to have a separate cemetery blog so I can publicise in the family history community, which might not be so interested in my book reviews and random thoughts on ticket scalping and the like. Also I think I have to project a mature and responsible image in the family history community (who after all have mums and dads etc buried in the cemeteries we might be photographing). So this way I can keep my more irresponsible and immature thoughts here on Twin Parrots.

BTW, do you like the name Dead Centre of Queensland? Obviously I did or I wouldn't have called it that. Anyhow, pop over there and take a look at my first post and add it to your blog aggregrator or whatever you use to subscribe with.