I once saw two parrots. They might have been twins, yet again, maybe not.

25.8.08

Reviving some historic sports for the Olympics

Having discussed at some length all the sports I would throw out of the Olympics, it's worth considering if anything should be added back in.

Having considered the list of dropped Olympic sports, I think a couple are worthy to come back.

I think golf could come back. It's very similar to archery. It tests your ability to get an object to a target using a piece of equipment.

I think tug-a-war (provided it's one-on-one and not a team sport) could come back. It is a test of strength similar to weight lifting.

We could also look at inventing some new sports. If we are happy to lift and pull weights, why not push them? International weight pushing? Think of all those trolley boys in training in the supermarkets of the world!

What about running up stairs? Swimming upstream (we've got the whitewater kayaking course available for the event)?